Olivier Galy is Associate Professor, Director of the Interdisciplinary Laboratory for Research in Education at the University of New Caledonia, and scientific co-coordinator of the European Union project “Family farming, Lifestyle and Health in the Pacific” (H2020, MSCA-RISE 2020-2024). His expertise is in the area of exercise physiology, with a focus on understanding the impact on health outcomes of human activity (exercise, physical activity, inactivity, sleep) associated with individual and socio-environmental lifestyle factors. His original approach combines exercise physiology methods and knowledge with digital technologies to study lifestyle in free-living populations such as athletes, schools, families, communities.
1. Cherrier S, Le Roux PY, Gerard FM, Wattelez G, Galy O. Impact of a neuroscience intervention (NeuroStratE) on the school performance of high school students: academic achievement, self-knowledge and autonomy through a metacognitive approach.Trends in Neuroscience and Education, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tine.2020.100125Get, 2020.
2. Galy O, Yacef K, Caillaud C. Improving Pacific Adolescents’ Physical Activity Toward International Recommendations: Exploratory Study of a Digital Education App Coupled With Activity Trackers. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth 2019;7(12):e14854 (IF=4.3)
3. Frayon S, Wattelez G, Cavaloc Y, Cherrier S, Lerrant Y, Galy O. Too big or too thin? New Caledonian adolescents’ perceptions of overweight and underweight. American Journal of Human Biology, e23313 (IF= 1.43)
4. Frayon S, Wattelez G, Cherrier S, Cavaloc Y, Lerrant Y, Galy O. Energy drink consumption in a pluri-ethnic population of adolescents in the Pacific. PloS one 14 (3), e0214420, 2019 (IF=2.77)
5. Frayon S, Cherrier S, Cavaloc Y, Wattelez G, Touitou A, Zongo P, Yacef K, Caillaud C, Lerrant Y and Galy O. Nutrition behaviors and sociodemographic factors associated with overweight in the multi-ethnic adolescents of New Caledonia. Ethnicity & health 24 (2), 194-210, 7, 2019. (IF= 2.671)
6. Wattelez G, Frayon S, Cavaloc Y, Cherrier S, Lerrant Y, Galy O. Sugar-sweetened beverage consumption and associated factors in school-going adolescents of New Caledonia. Nutrients 11 (2), 452, 2019. (IF= 4.171)
7. Aldwell K, Caillaud C, Galy O, Frayon S, Allman-Farinelli M. Tackling the Consumption of High Sugar Products among Children and Adolescents in the Pacific Islands: Implications for Future Research. Healthcare 6 (3), 81, 2018
8. Yacef K, Caillaud C, Galy O. Supporting Learning Activities with Wearable Devices to Develop Life-Long Skills in a Health Education App. International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education, 394-398,1, 2018
9. Frayon S, Cavaloc Y, Wattelez G, Cherrier S, Lerrant S, Ashwell M, Galy O. Potential for waist-to-height ratio to screen for over-fatness in adolescents from a Pacific Island, even in those in the normal BMI range. Obesity Research & Clinical Practice (IF: 2.606)
10. Frayon S, Cavaloc Y, Wattelez G, Cherrier S, Touitou A, Zongo P, Yacef K, Caillaud C, Lerrant Y, Galy O. Body image, body dissatisfaction and weight status of Pacific adolescents from different ethnic communities: a cross-sectional study in New Caledonia. Ethn Health. 2017 Nov 2:1-16. doi: 10.1080/13557858.2017.1398818. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 29096529. (IF : 2.671)
11. Zongo P, Frayon S, Antoine-Jonville S, Wattelez G, Le Roux PY, Hue O, Galy O. Anthropometric Characteristics and Physical Fitness in Rural and Urban 11- to16-Year-Old Melanesian Adolescents: A Cross-sectional Study in New Caledonian Schools. Asia Pac J Public Health. 2017 Oct;29(7):589-598. doi:10.1177/1010539517735414. PubMed PMID: 29094632. (IF : 1.743).
12. Frayon S, Cavaloc Y, Wattelez G, Cherrier S, Lerrant Y, Galy O. Inaccuracy of self-reported height and weight in Oceanian adolescents and factors associated with errors. Asia Pacific journal of public health (IF : 1.743).
13. Le Roux PY, Do B, Galy O. Dossier : les situations complexes à la loupe. “Experts en herbe”. Les cahiers pédagogiques, N° 538, Décembre 2017 (list A CNU)
14. Frayon S, Cherrier S, Cavaloc Y, Wattelez G, Lerrant Y, Galy O. Relationship of body fat and body mass index in young Pacific Islanders: a cross-sectional study in European, Melanesian and Polynesian groups. Pediatr Obes. 2017 Jul 28. doi: 10.1111/ijpo.12229. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 28752614 (IF : 3.4)
15. Frayon S, Cherrier S, Cavaloc Y, Wattelez G, Touitou A, Zongo P, Yacef K, Caillaud C, Lerrant Y, Galy O. Misperception of weight status in the pacific preliminary findings in rural and urban 11- to 16-year-olds of New Caledonia. BMC Public Health. 2017 Jan 5;17(1):25. doi: 10.1186/s12889-016-3982-0. PubMed PMID: 28056931; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5217621.(IF : 2.08).
16. Galy O, Antoine-Jonville S, Reuillard E, Hue O. Free hydration and well-being during physical education in tropical climate. Éducation, Santé, Sociétés, Vol. 2, No 1, 2016. (list A CNU)
17. K Charlot, P Zongo, A S Leicht, O Hue, O Galy. Intensity, recovery kinetics and well-being indices are not altered during an official FIFA futsal tournament in Oceanian players. J. Sports Sci., 1-10, 2015 (IF= 2.14).
18. Galy.O, Zongo.P, Chamari.K, Chaouachi.A, Michalak.E, Dellal.A, Castagna.C, Hue.O. Relationships between agility, explosivity and anthropometric charcteristics in melanesian futsal players. Biol. Sport, 32(2):135-141, 2015. (IF=1.13).
Other publications here: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=fr&user=PG7ZOzkAAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate