Dr Galy has wide experience in exercise physiology (with 1027 citations and a H-index of 17) gained over several years of research in this field and has worked with elite athletes. During ten years he focussed his work on the effects of hot wet climate on aerobic performance in athletes. Now his research project concerns lifestyle in oceanian youth in a multicultural context at the LIRE laboratory he leads.
1. Zongo P, Frayon S, Antoine-Jonville S, Wattelez G, Le Roux PY, Hue O and Galy O. Anthropometric characteristics and physical fitness in rural and urban 11- to 16-year-old Melanesian adolescents: a cross-sectional study in New Caledonian schools. Sous presse, Asia Pacific journal of public health (IF=0.811).
2. Le Roux PY, Do B, Galy O. Utiliser des connaissances « pour de vrai ». Les cahiers pédagogiques, Sous presse (2017, interface70)
3. Frayon S, Cavaloc Y, Wattelez G, Cherrier S, Touitou A, Zongo P, Yacef K, Caillaud C, Lerrant Y, Galy O. Body image, body dissatisfaction and weight status of Pacific adolescents from different ethnic communities: a cross-sectional study in New Caledonia. Ethnicity and health. 2017 sous presse, (IF= 1.904)
4. Frayon S, Cavaloc Y, Wattelez G, Cherrier S, Lerrant Y, Galy O. Self-reported height and weight in Oceanian school-going adolescents and factors associated with errors. Asia Pacific journal of public health. 2017 doi: 10.1177/1010539517731362 (IF=0.811)
5. Frayon, S., Cherrier, S., Cavaloc, Y., Wattelez, G., Lerrant, Y., and Galy, O. (2017) Relationship of body fat and body mass index in young Pacific Islanders : a cross-sectional study in European, Melanesian and Polynesian groups. Pediatric Obesity, doi: 10.1111/ijpo.12229.
6. Frayon S, Cherrier S, Cavaloc Y, Touitou A, Zongo P, Wattelez G, Yacef K, Caillaud C, Lerrant Y and Galy O. Nutrition behaviors and socio-demographic factors associated with overweight in multi-ethnic adolescents of New-Caledonia. Ethn Health. 2017 Apr 10:1-17. doi: 10.1080/13557858.2017.1315530. (IF= 1.904)
7. Frayon S, Cherrier S, Cavaloc Y, Wattelez G, Touitou A, Zongo P, Yacef K, Caillaud C, Lerrant Y, Galy O. Misperception of weight status in the Pacific : preliminary findings in rural and urban 11‒ to 16-year-olds in New Caledonia. BMC Public Health (2017) 17:25 DOI 10.1186/s12889-016-3982-0 (IF= 2.265)
8. Galy O, Antoine-Jonville S, Reuillard E, Hue O. Free hydration and well-being during physical education in tropical climate. Éducation, Santé, Sociétés (Interface CNU 70), Vol. 2, No 1, 2016.
9. K Charlot, P Zongo, A S Leicht, O Hue, O Galy. Intensity, recovery kinetics and well-being indices are not altered during an official FIFA futsal tournament in Oceanian players. J. Sports Sci., 1-10, 2015 (IF= 2.14).
10. Galy.O, Zongo.P, Chamari.K, Chaouachi.A, Michalak.E, Dellal.A, Castagna.C, Hue.O. Relationships between agility, explosivity and anthropometric charcteristics in melanesian futsal players. Biol. Sport, 32(2):135-141, 2015. (IF=1.13).
11. Hue O, Antoine-Jonville S, Galy O, Blonc S. Anthropometric and Physiological Characteristics in Young Afro-Caribbean Swimmers. A Preliminary Study.. Int J Sports Physiol Perform. Sep 19, 2012. (IF=3.042)
12. Galy.O, Chaouachi.A, Chamari.K, Préfaut.C, Hue.O. Case report of a world class Ironman triathlete: EIAH at the ventilatory threshold. Int Sportsmed Journal, Dec ;15(4):315-320. 2014 (IF=0.7)
13. Galy.O. Letter to editor. Applied physiology and performance: from standardized experimental to simulated field tests in the lab. Considerations for postexercise DLco interpretation in highly trained athletes. Int J Sports Physiol Perform. Sep;9(5):743, 2014. (IF=3.042)
14. Galy.O, Chamari.K, Peyreigne.C, Mercier.J, Hue.O. Sequential exercise in triathletes: variations on GH and plasma volume. Plosone, Apr 24, 2014. (IF=3.1)
15. Galy O, Ben Zoubir S, Hambli M, Chaouachi A , Hue O, Chamari K. Relationships between heart rate and physiological parameters of performance in top level water polo players.. Biol Sport. Mar;31(1):33-8, 2014. (IF=1.13)